PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swimming

Yesterday I went out with a couple friends and their dogs to go swimming in a river. It was so much fun and I was really impressed with Paris. She took to the water like a pro and swam around for a couple hours. I would throw a stick and she would swim out and get it and bring it back. I am so happy that she is catching onto fetch because that was something that Prudy (my last CC'd pet) never caught onto. I would throw something and she would just stare at me like "Why'd you throw that, now you have to go out and get it." Anyway, here are some pictures from the swim.

[The three dogs in attendance standing in the water, Boone, Paris and Julimae.]
Julimae wasn't a fan and mostly watched from the shore, she got some swimming in, it was quite amazing for such a young'n too. [Julimae shaking off some water.]
[Paris swimming in the water.]
Paris bringing back the stick I threw. Not sure how she didn't choke on water with her mouth open to hold the stick, but she never did.
Paris bringing me the stick again. She is quite the swimmer, really slow and deliberate, like she's been doing it her whole life.
Little Julimae paddling like crazy. She is a pretty good little swimmer.
I was also able to do some search and rescue training with Paris today. I was really impressed how quickly she is picking it up, she is such a great dog. She is now with her first mom for 2 weeks and I am sure going to miss her, and I hope she is behaving herself.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Don has only been swimming once, but he LOVED it. It really tired him out, too! It looks like Paris had a lot of fun- I love that picture of her swimming through the water. She has such a beautiful face!

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

I love Paris's collar! So cute! YEY for swimming! I havent raised a pup that would willingly swim.